48North Cannabis Corp. announced the appointment of Kirsten Gauthier as Chief Growth Officer, effective immediately. In addition, the Company released its updated corporate presentation. The updated corporate presentation can be explored here.
Since launching 48North, Kirsten has been responsible for overseeing the Company’s rapid growth. Going beyond her duties as Chief Marketing Officer, Kirsten has also been responsible for the Company’s sales, product development and human resource functions.
Widely recognized as a leader in the cannabis industry, particularly with respect to brand execution, Kirsten has overseen a number of notable accomplishments, these include:
- Launching 48North, the Company’s premier craft cannabis brand, Latitude, the company’s lifestyle cannabis brand, and Trail Mix, the company’s accessibly priced natural cannabis brand;
- Launching Canada’s first topical cannabis product, Apothecanna;
- Instrumental in the launch of 30 SKUs;
- Capturing significant market share in numerous categories, including: dried flower, vapes, concentrates and topicals;
- Securing the hearts and minds of consumers, 48North is currently the 7th most popular cannabis brand in Canada, competing directly with the largest brands in the country; 1
- Launching products with an average repurchase intent of 90 per cent; 2
- Developing social channels with the third largest reach in the country, eclipsing many competitors with larger market share and marketing spend; 3 and
- Overseeing sales growth year-over-year of 1454% in Alberta and 560% in Ontario. 4
1 Cannatrack, December 2020
2 Cannatrack, December 2020
3 Instagram, December 2020
4 48North, November 2020
“Working with 48North from its earliest days and seeing it through to its current position of strength has been a great privilege. I’m excited for this next phase as I take on the role of Chief Growth Officer,” said Kirsten. “Our company, like our industry, has faced a series of ups and downs in its earliest years, but I am excited every day by our brands, products, and most of all our team. As we continue to roll out new products to the Canadian market, our commitment to design, quality execution, and social responsibility will support our success.”
“Since joining 48North, I have seen firsthand the creativity, vision and drive that Kirsten brings to our company,” said Charles Vennat, CEO of 48North. “Since day one, she helped call out the need for strong brands and products that reach consumers in personalized ways. As the company’s Chief Growth Officer, she will build on this work, ensuring the company maintains contact with its founding principles while continuing to produce and sell high-quality products.”
Prior to joining 48North, Kirsten built a successful career as an entrepreneur, marketing executive, and creative thinker with over 20 years of award-winning experience. She has founded several graphic communication companies, as well as Good Foot Delivery, a social enterprise courier service offering employment opportunities to people with disabilities. Most recently, Kirsten founded Public Office, a female-led creative agency known for award-winning teams, campaigns, and retail/event activations.
48North Cannabis Corp. is a vertically integrated cannabis company focused on manufacturing high-quality products, building progressive and thought-provoking brands, and low-cost cultivation.