Tokyo Smoke, Canopy Growth Corporation’s award-winning retail brand is proud to announce the planned opening of 9 brick-and-mortar retail franchised cannabis locations across Ontario over the course of January 2021. Following a robust storefront expansion in 2020, today’s announcement demonstrates further growth for the Tokyo Smoke retail banner as the brand continues to focus on Ontario as a primary market for expansion.
With Canadian recreational cannabis sales increasing in 2020, the opening of these new stores will help address growing consumer demand as well as provide more local communities across the province with safe and convenient access to high quality, legal cannabis. The stores have been designed to provide Tokyo Smoke’s best-in-class guest experience while adhering to COVID-19 health and safety measures, including contactless touch points at each location, online e-commerce, same-day delivery, and curbside pick up.
“Ontario is the largest market in the country for legal recreational cannabis and it’s where the Tokyo Smoke brand was built – we’re excited to bring our education-first approach to cannabis retail to key communities and regions across the province,” said Lacey Norton, Head of Retail for Tokyo Smoke. “Through our franchise model, we’re proud to support local independent business owners and entrepreneurs in the pursuit to provide their local communities access to high-quality cannabis products and accessories, along with cannabis education from their team of Education Specialists.”
The following stores will be owned and operated by Ontario retail license holders and are set to open over the coming weeks:
- 300 King George Road, Unit K5, Brantford ON N3R 5L6
- 300 Earl Grey Drive, Unit A18, Kanata ON K2T 1C1
- 80 Marketplace Avenue, Nepean, ON K2J 5G3
- 1819 Avenue Rd, North York, ON M5M 3Z4
- 8 Lebovic Avenue, Unit B5, Scarborough, ON, M1L 4V9
- 3003 Danforth Avenue, Unit 29, Toronto, ON M4C 1M4
- 545 Queen St W, Toronto, ON M5V 2B6
- 250 King St E, Toronto, ON M5A 1K1
- 979 Bloor St W, Toronto, Ontario M6H 1L7
Tokyo Smoke’s retail expansion into Ontario will bring the number of Tokyo Smoke retail cannabis stores in the province to 22 and to a total of 35 across Canada by the end of January. Tokyo Smoke’s growing retail footprint also includes 6 locations in Alberta and 7 in Manitoba.
COVID-19 compliant ways to shop at opening include:
- Buy at store – Place an order directly at the Tokyo Smoke designated curbside pickup area with the help of a Tokyo Smoke Education Specialist.
- Buy online – Order online and pick up your order curbside at store
- Schedule a same-day delivery – place a same day order and get it delivered contactlessly, right to your home.
For more information on how to shop, visit tokyosmoke.com
Canopy Growth is a world-leading diversified cannabis and cannabinoid-based consumer product company, driven by a passion to improve lives, end prohibition, and strengthen communities by unleashing the full potential of cannabis. Leveraging consumer insights and innovation, we offer product varieties in high quality dried flower, oil, softgel capsule, infused beverage, edible, and topical formats, as well as vaporizer devices by Canopy Growth and industry-leader Storz & Bickel. For more information visit www.canopygrowth.com.