Namaste Technologies Inc., a marketplace platform for cannabis and wellness products, today reported its financial results for the year ended November 30, 2020. All financial figures are in Canadian dollars unless otherwise indicated.
Highlights of Consolidated Financial Results:
- Gross revenue for the fourth quarter ended November 30, 2020 was $8.0 million (compared to $4.0 million in the same period last year), and for the fiscal year ended November 30, 2020 was $27.1 million (compared to $16.4 million in the fiscal year ended November 30, 2019), representing an increase of 100% from the same quarter last year and an increase of 65% from the prior year, respectively.
- Net revenue for the quarter ended November 30, 2020 was $7.2 million (compared to $3.9 million in the same period last year), and for the fiscal year ended November 30, 2020 was $25.1 million (compared to $16.3 million in the fiscal year ended November 30, 2019), representing an increase of 85% from the same quarter last year, and an increase of 54% from the prior year, respectively.
- The $3.3 million improvement in net revenue for the fourth quarter ended November 30, 2020 over the same quarter in the prior year ($8.8 million YTD) was primarily attributable to the increased revenues from the sale of cannabis products.
- The Company’s net loss has shown substantial improvement as compared to 2019. Net loss for the fourth quarter ended November 30, 2020 was ($6.4 million) compared to a net loss of ($29.7 million) for the fourth quarter ended November 30, 2019. Net loss for the fiscal year ended November 30, 2020 was ($26.4 million) compared to a net loss of ($63.2 million) in the fiscal year ended November 30, 2019. The Company is committed to maintaining these positive trends.
- The Company’s working capital position remains strong at $16.5 million as at November 30, 2020.
- Subsequent to year-end, the Company successfully closed a $23 million bought deal offering.
Recent Corporate Highlights:
- Launched CannMart.com into the USA offering Americans hemp derived CBD and smoking accessories.
- Announced the addition of leading licensed producers to the CannMart.com platform: Auxly Cannabis Group, Hexo Corp and The Green Organic Dutchman Holdings (TGOD).
- Received a standard processing licence from Health Canada for CannMart Labs Inc., our state-of-the-art BHO extraction facility.
- Announced expansion to broaden our total addressable market and to evolve into a pre-eminent wellness company, connecting consumers to their wellness needs of tomorrow.
“We are pleased with the progress made by the team to achieve the highest recorded quarterly revenue for the company to date,” said Meni Morim, CEO of Namaste. “We achieved significant year-over-year growth of revenue as cannabis sales through CannMart’s distribution channels made an important contribution to the revenue stream. The Company is in a strong financial position today made possible from the considerable work undertaken in 2020 to lay the foundation for long term growth as Namaste continues its evolution to be the world’s foremost personalized wellness marketplace.”
For further details, the complete Financial Statements for the year-ended ended November 30, 2020 and the related Management’s Discussion & Analysis can be accessed on the Company’s SEDAR profile at www.sedar.com.
NON IFRS FINANCIAL MEASURES
Management evaluates the Company’s performance using a variety of measures, including “Net loss before income tax, depreciation and amortization” and “Adjusted EBITDA”. The non-IFRS measures discussed below should not be considered as an alternative to or to be more meaningful than revenue or net loss. These measures do not have a standardized meaning prescribed by IFRS and therefore they may not be comparable to similarly titled measures presented by other publicly traded companies and should not be construed as an alternative to other financial measures determined in accordance with IFRS.
The Company believes these non-IFRS financial measures provide useful information to both management and investors in measuring the financial performance and financial condition of the Company.
Management uses these and other non-IFRS financial measures to exclude the impact of certain expenses and income that must be recognized under IFRS when analyzing consolidated underlying operating performance, as the excluded items are not necessarily reflective of the Company’s underlying operating performance and make comparisons of underlying financial performance between periods difficult. From time to time, the Company may exclude additional items if it believes doing so would result in a more effective analysis of underlying operating performance. The exclusion of certain items does not imply that they are non-recurring.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/ada3b7a0-52a6-4007-917b-f0c10e3ed668
(i) Current and deferred income taxes, depreciation and amortization, and share-based compensation were excluded from the Adjusted EBITDA calculation as they do not represent cash expenditures.
(ii) Other income consisting of gain on disposal of subsidiary, interest income, realized gain on disposition of AFS investments, unrealized gain on derivatives and other miscellaneous non-recurring income were excluded from Adjusted EBITDA calculation.
(iii) Non-recurring costs related to restructuring and legacy issues were excluded from Adjusted EBITDA calculation.
(iv) Impairment loss relating to goodwill, customer list, domains and brand names were excluded from Adjusted EBITDA calculation.
(v) Impairment loss relating to receivable is a provision for expected credit loss to an associate and was excluded from Adjusted EBITDA calculation.
(vi) Share of associates loss, net of tax, is excluded due to lack of control.
Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, Namaste Technologies is a marketplace platform for cannabis and wellness products. At CannMart.com, the Company provides Canadian medical customers with a diverse selection of hand-picked products from a multitude of federally licensed cultivators and US customers with access to hemp-derived CBD and smoking accessories.