Decibel Cannabis Company Inc., a premium cannabis producer, is pleased to announce the launch of its high-end concentrate brand, “Pressed by Qwest“, and new dried flower, pre-roll, vape, and concentrate products.
“The launch of Pressed by Qwest marks our first step into the premium concentrate category, mirroring our approach with Qwest in dried flower, we are bringing rare cultivars, high-standard craft quality, and choice to consumers.” said Cody Church, Interim Chief Executive Officer of Decibel. “Our strategic focus remains on expanding our market share as we launch our premium cannabis 2.0 products and increasing our flower capacity from 1,800 kg to 9,000 kg over this year.”
New Flower Products
In the second half of 2021, Decibel will launch a brand-new set of rare cultivars under the Qwest and Qwest Reserve brands. Frequent rotation of unique genetics that deliver high THC, terpenes and exceptional taste and effect is core to the Qwest Family of Brands product strategy. The Company expects to launch seven new cultivars in 2021 as well as, a new high THC, pre-milled flower product under the Blendcraft by Qwest Brand.
Qwest Family of Brands
Within the next month Decibel will begin the roll out of its new cultivar and dried flower program across all registered provinces:
- Qwest Reserve Sunset MAC a cross of Sunset Sherbet and MAC1 with the first lot at 28.5% THC
- Qwest Stuffed French Toast a cross of Cookies & Cream and French Toast with the first lot at 24% THC
- Blendcraft by Qwest milled flower bag that includes a blend of cultivars with a THC range of 23 – 29%
- Entry into the pre-roll category with two SKUs, with General Admission Kootenay Fruit large format, multi-packs
Thunderchild operations are tracking well, and quality remains at Qwest standards as Decibel works towards reaching full run rate production. Early-stage harvests have been slightly above management expectations for yield and harvested crops have tested between 24% – 28.5% THC. Notable operational highlights include:
- Completed the eighth harvest since commencement of operations
- 10 of 20 grow rooms planted and at various stages of cultivation (50% of total facility planted)
- Anticipating run rate of eight harvests per month from the Thunderchild facility by August 2021
New Vape and Concentrate Products
Decibel is committed to consistent innovation and premiumization in the concentrate and vape categories. The launch of Pressed by Qwest, a concentrate focused brand under the Qwest Family of Brands, allows Decibel to have a format focused brand, concentrate consumers can trust to deliver exceptional quality.
Pressed by Qwest
In June and July, Decibel will begin its roll out of premium live concentrates under Pressed by Qwest across all registered provinces:
- Purple Papaya Gems & Juice (aka. Diamonds & Sauce)
- Apricot Kush Gems & Juice (aka. Diamonds & Sauce)
- Apricot Kush Live Sugar
Despite launching early Q4’20, General Admission has achieved 10% market share in Q1’21 through consistent, consumer insight led innovation at approachable pricing. Live resin vapes will lead premiumization in the vape category with General Admission at the forefront.
- Kootenay Fruit Live Resin Vape launched in AB, BC, SK in May, and ON in July
- Guava Chemdawg Live Resin Vape launching in July
Decibel is uncompromising in the process and craftsmanship needed to deliver the highest quality cannabis products and retail experiences. Decibel has three operating production houses along with its wholly owned retail business, Prairie Records. The Qwest Estate in Creston, BC is a licensed and operating 26,000 square foot cultivation space which produces the widely championed, rare cultivar-focused brands Qwest and Qwest Reserve, which are sold in six provinces across Canada. Thunderchild Cultivation, is a licensed and operating 80,000 square foot indoor cultivation facility in Battleford, SK. The Plant, Decibel’s extraction facility, in Calgary, AB has 15,000 square feet of Health Canada licensed extraction and product development space. This production house will fuel the growth of our brands Qwest, Qwest Reserve, and Blendcraft, into new and innovative product formats like concentrates, vapes, edibles and beyond.