The highly anticipated Grow Up Conference and Expo held in Victoria for the first time from June 20-22, 2022, brings a stellar line-up of speakers, workshops and networking opportunities for growers and businesses in the cannabis and emerging psychedelic industry.
Jim Belushi is confirmed as the headline speaker, accompanied by cannabis industry legends including master grower Ed Rosenthal, cannabis extracts expert Marcus ‘Bubbleman’ Richardson, Taylor Blake, CEO of The Emerald Cup, Simon Smit, 105-time cannabis cup winner and founder of Serious Seeds, and Ted Smith, Founder of The Victoria Cannabis Buyers Club.
Highlights of the Grow Up Conference and Expo include:
- Emphasis on traditionally excluded communities in Natural Medicine: Cannabis, like other sectors of Canadian society, has a lack of diverse representation of Indigenous peoples, women, Black, and People of Colour. Grow Up is holding space for important conversations around increasing diversity and inclusion in the industry, featuring key speakers including Albert Eppinga (BC Cannabis), Darwin Douglas (All Nations Cannabis Corp) and Ika Washington (Diversity Talk).
- Grow at Home: Hands-on Workshop
- The Guru of Ganja, Ed Rosenthal will be hosting some of the most interactive cannabis workshops in the industry, with the first Grow at Home hands-on workshop. During the one-day event, new and seasoned growers will learn all there is to know about the magic of growing safely, legally, and deliciously, along with key insights from grower Remo Colasanti.
- The Extraction Zone: Globally respected cannabis extracts extraordinaire, Marcus ‘Bubbleman’ Richardson will be leading the Extraction Zone workshops. Sharing knowledge and insights about cannabis extracts gained from decades of experience, Richardson will cover the latest developments in concentrates, delving into the science, equipment, methods, and services driving cannabis extraction’s evolution.
- The Psychedelic Summit: University of British Columbia (UBC) Professor, Zach Walsh is headlining the Psychedelic Summit, as the west coast continues to build momentum towards legalization. Walsh, along with other industry experts such as Dr. Rachel Knox and Dr. Pamela Kryskow, will be addressing its therapeutic applications, intellectual property, inspection, quality control and distribution, looking ahead to a legal, regulated future for psychedelics.
- Grow Up Master Class Technical Sessions: The two-day deep dive masterclass technical workshop is an intensive course led by Dr. Av Singh, that goes in-depth on everything cultivation. Notable speakers include Master Growers Genevieve Newton (Stewart Farms), Angela Fulton (Whistler Medical), and fan-favourite Dustan MacLean (Parkland Flower). A must-attend for enthusiast and veteran growers who want to take their cannabis quality and cultivation to the next level.
- Retailer Networking: In partnership with The Association of Canadian Cannabis Retailers (ACCRES) and UFCW 151, members of these associations have the opportunity to connect with licensed producers and microcultivators through short, speed-dating style networking events to expand their contacts and connect with growers.
- Budtender Day: Budtender’s Association Founder Casey Hiltemann, alongside Grow Up are hosting a dedicated day for Budtenders on June 22. Budtenders will have access to panels for career advancement and plant education, along with an exclusive opportunity to connect with growers. Members of The Budtender’s Association can sign up for free, and those without a membership can purchase a ticket for $30 here.
Presented by ND Supplies – a specialized cannabis packaging and manufacturing supplier –Grow Up in Victoria is anchored by an impressive roster of world-renowned speakers, with the full line-up available here.
Exhibition booths, ticketing and registration for Grow Up Conference and Expo is now open. For further information, email email@example.com
About Grow Up Cannabis Conference and Expo
Grow Up Conference and Expo has been hailed a top cannabis industry event in Canada, hosting events in Niagara Falls, ON, and Victoria, BC. With decades of experience creating nationally renowned high-profile events, trade summits and shows around the world, Grow Up is committed to bringing forward-thinkers, trailblazers and experts together. For more information, visit growupconference.com/victoria.