Origin House, a North American cannabis products and brands company today announced that the Company’s California distribution division, Continuum, has entered into a distribution agreement (the “Agreement”) with Humboldt Sun Growers Guild, to be the exclusive distributor of Papa’s Herb-branded products in California.
- Pursuant to the Agreement, effective March 25, 2019, Origin House’s distribution division, Continuum will be the exclusive distributor of all Papa’s Herb products in California.
- Papa’s Herb was founded in California in early 2018, and is backed by the Serruya Family, who have a proven track record of building dozens of retail brands within the consumer packaged goods business, over three decades.
- Offering quality branded flower and pre-rolls at a price point focused on the value segment of the market, Papa’s Herb bolsters Continuum’s portfolio and will help Continuum to meet strong and growing demand for value-based flower and pre-rolls.
- California’s illegal cannabis market was estimated to be worth US$3.7 billion in 2018 – more than four times the size of the legal market. By catering to consumers looking for affordable cannabis offerings that are tested and compliant, Papa’s Herb aims to help migrate consumers from the unregulated market into the legal market, which represents a huge untapped opportunity in California.
- A family-oriented brand, HSSG’s cannabis brand Papa’s Herb supports generational family farms by sourcing from regulated farms throughout the Emerald Triangle, while aiding these heritage farms to navigate through the dynamic and regulated market.
Commenting on the Agreement, Afzal Hasan, President and General Counsel at Origin House said, “Papa’s Herb is a truly unique brand that has come to stand for high-quality, value-focused cannabis products while remaining equally committed to sustainability and the community. We are pleased to partner with yet another authentic Californiacannabis brand to take on an important and growing segment in the California market. This Agreement aligns with and advances our stated strategy of becoming a preeminent global house of experiential brands by expanding our growing portfolio of California brands, while helping preserve Humboldt County’s cannabis legacy and shaping its future. We look forward to broadening our relationship with Papa’s Herb™ through our Brand Accelerator Program and supporting their growth through our state-wide distribution footprint and key retailer relationships.”
“Consumers are at the heart of our business. Continuum is committed to sourcing high quality cannabis products within each sub-category of the market to provide its retail partners and their ultimate customers with a curated selection of brands they can trust. To fulfill that embedded promise, we rely on the quality and consistency of Humboldt cannabis brands such as Papa’s Herb™ through our partnership with the Humboldt Sun Growers Guild. We’re excited to onboard Papa’s Herb™ products to our diverse platform and look forward to working with more passionate local California businesses to help bring their industry-leading products to consumers across the state,” added Sadie Reyes, President of Continuum.
A spokesperson from Papa’s Herb, Max Benitah commented, “With Papa’s Herb we’re replicating the successful blueprint of building a product, that stands for quality and accessibility, while actively supporting the community we work in. We understand the importance of building brands and welcome the idea of working with like-minded businesses, such as Origin House, to accelerate brand growth in the cannabis marketplace.”