Origin House Announces Agreement to Sell Its Equity Interest in Bodhi Research

Published: December 10, 2018

Origin House Announces Agreement to Sell Its Equity Interest in Bodhi Research

CannaRoyalty Corp. d/b/a Origin House, a leading North American cannabis products and brands company, today announced that Cannabis Royalties and Holdings Corp., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Origin House, has entered into a share purchase agreement, with Green Relief Inc., to sell its equity stake in Bodhi Research & Development Inc.

Pursuant to the Agreement, Green Relief will first purchase from CRHC and other vendors, 51% of all outstanding common stock (the “Share Purchase”) of Bodhi Research for $20 million in shares of Green Relief. Under the Agreement, there is also the potential for the future sale of the remaining 49% of the outstanding common stock of Bodhi Research for an additional $20 million, to be paid in Green Relief common shares.

Marc Lustig, Chairman and CEO of Origin House commented, “In 2018, our focus has been on positioning Origin House as the preeminent house of promising growth brands in the California market. To maintain this focus and crystalize value for shareholders, we have prioritized the sale of assets that are deemed non-core to our business. We are pleased to have generated substantial returns for shareholders over the past 12 months on the sale of these non-core positions and will continue to allocate proceeds to the expansion of our brand support and acceleration platform in California.”

Dr. Neilank K. Jha, Chairman and CEO of Bodhi Research commented, “Since 2016 when we founded Bodhi Research, Marc Lustig and his team have served as valuable strategic partners. We are grateful for their support and guidance. Origin House has brought a sophisticated capital markets approach to a maturing industry and Bodhi Research has been a beneficiary of their expertise.”

Bodhi Research conducts research trials for exploring the use of cannabis in the treatment of concussions and post–concussive syndromes. A previously disclosed, on April 7, 2016, CRHC entered into an agreement to acquire a 10% equity interest in Bodhi Research for $250,000. This strategic sale of 51% of the Company’s equity interest in Bodhi Research represents an approximate 700% return on investment for Origin House shareholders. Subject to the vendors’ right to exercise an option within 9 months of closing to retain the remaining 49% interest in Bodhi Research, the remaining 49% of the Company’s interest in Bodhi Research may also be sold to Green Relief, in which case CRHC’s total gross proceeds from the sale of its total 10% interest in Bodhi Research will be approximately $3.78 million, representing an approximate return on its investment of 1500%. Upon closing of the Share Purchase, Bodhi Research will be renamed “Green Relief Innovations Inc.” (“Green Relief Innovations”) and will be the research and development division of Green Relief. Dr. Neilank Jha will be appointed as Chairman & CEO of Green Relief Innovations.

“We are proud to have partnered with Dr. Neilank Jha and to have been an early investor in Bodhi Research. Neilank has combined his scientific and academic background with his keen business sense to provide substantial returns for Bodhi Research’s investors. Dr. Jha’s new appointment as Chairman & CEO of Green Relief Innovations will provide him a broader platform to continue building IP and commercialize products,” added Mr. Lustig.

Recent News

View All News Items

Latest Article

How Britney Guerra Transitioned from Cannabis Activist to Running a Legal Retail Store

How Britney Guerra Transitioned from Cannabis Activist to Running a Legal Retail Store

Britney Guerra is a businessperson and cannabis activist who has seen the industry’s transition from prohibition to a legal and regulated industry that contributes to the Canadian economy. She began her career in Vancouver, working as an advertising manager for Cannabis Culture, an online magazine for the cannabis subculture. Today, she is the general manager of Brant Cannabis, a retail store in Brantford, ON, focused on selling quality products plus educating customers and the community on the drug’s many benefits.

Read Article