Invictus MD Strategies Corp. announced that its wholly owned subsidiary, Acreage Pharms Ltd. has received an amended license from Health Canada, under the Access to Cannabis for Medical Purposes Regulations (“ACMPR“), to include the production of bottled cannabis oil and cannabis resin, effective August 3, 2018.
Acreage Pharms’ state-of-the-art closed-loop CO2 extraction process produces the highest-quality cannabis oils in the world. The system performs Subcritical and Supercritical Fluid Extraction utilizing high-pressure carbon dioxide to extract essential oils from botanicals, using specific temperatures and pressures to withdraw different components from plants. Through this extraction process, CBD and THC levels can be adjusted to ensure a diverse selection for consumers.
“We are building a robust portfolio of flower and oil products to satisfy consumer demand in both the medical and recreational markets,” said Dan Kriznic, Chairman and CEO of Invictus. “Research shows CBD products are increasing in popularity, but the market is still unknown. We need to be able to adjust our product offerings as the market evolves over time.”
Compared to solvent extractions, Acreage Pharms Supercritical CO2 extraction will be:
- Non-Toxic and Non-Carcinogenic. Oils extracted using CO2 do not contain petroleum particles.
- Safe. The system does not use potentially flammable or explosive petroleum-based solvents.
- Carbon-Neutral and Environmentally Friendly. The system does not emit carbon.
- Customizable. With a wide range of temperatures, pressures and flow rates to leverage, the system is capable of withdrawing full profiles of natural compounds found within cannabis.
- Premium quality. The advanced system is used by top companies to extract coffee, vanilla, tea, fruit and nuts, omega-3 oils, fragrances, tobacco for e-cigarettes, hop-oil for beer, and high-grade cannabis oil.
Acreage Pharms’ oil extraction and quality assurance program will be overseen by registered Pharmacist and Responsible Person in Charge, Chris Kooner, supported by a skilled technical team of PHD’s and experienced cultivators.