Aleafia Health Inc. has brought its planned outdoor grow expansion to a plant-ready state with all security measures including fencing and cameras now in place. The Company anticipates submitting its final evidence package to Health Canada in connection with its now active Health Canada Licence Amendment application this week. The final submission includes detailed submissions evidencing the implementation of all measures required by Health prior to the awarding of a Licence Amendment. Subject to the receipt of a Health Canada approval, the Company anticipates that its Outdoor Grow will produce approximately 60,000 kg annually of dried flower, with a full growing season, at a cost per gram significantly lower than traditional greenhouse or indoor growing.
Following the anticipated expansion of the three Aleafia Health production facilities, together with confirmed supply agreements, the Company expects to reach an annual production capacity of 138,000 kg of dried flower, and extraction capacity of 50,000 kg.
- Aleafia Campus Processing and extraction with the Phase II Paris facility expansion adding 50,000 kg of planned annual extraction capacity
- Aleafia Campus Indoor cultivation at its licensed and operational Paris, ON and Port Perry, ON facilities
- Aleafia Campus Greenhouse cultivation at its plant-ready 160,000 sq. ft. Niagara, ON facility
- Aleafia Campus Outdoor cultivation at its Port Perry 26-acre low-cost outdoor grow
- Aphria Supply: Five-year, 175,000 kg supply agreement with Aphria Inc. at preferred wholesale pricing
- Tilray Supply: Three-year, 9,000 kg supply agreement with Natura Naturals Holdings Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, Inc.
“It’s exciting to see first-hand the result of months of planning followed by an intensive few weeks of construction, all culminating in the completion of Aleafia Health’s 26-acre outdoor cultivation site. Our team has done outstanding work to make this happen,” said Aleafia Health Chairman Julian Fantino. “Successful outdoor growing at scale will position the Companies’ with first-mover advantage as low-cost production leaders. Secondly, we will be making a significant contribution to ensuring medical cannabis patients have the medicine they need, when they need it.”
Aleafia Health is a leading, vertically integrated cannabis health and wellness company with four primary business units: Cannabis Cultivation & Products, Health & Wellness Clinics, Cannabis Education, and Consumer Experience with ecommerce, retail distribution and provincial supply agreements.