Zenabis Global Inc. have partnered with PEI Cannabis to supply adult-use cannabis throughout the province. Zenabis will sell under their premium Namaste brand. Namaste’s products include dried flower, milled cannabis, and pre-rolls. The Prince Edward Island Cannabis Management Corporation oversees the operation of four cannabis retail locations and an e-commerce platform.
Zenabis expects to start supplying PEI with adult-use cannabis in February 2019 to help meet recreational adult-use distribution needs which both parties expect to increase as product demand grows and shifts into new categories when and as permitted by applicable laws, such as edibles (including beverages), and concentrates (including in cartridges).
On January 11, 2019, Zenabis also received approval for two additional flower rooms and 13 other rooms for cannabis activities.
Zenabis Key Milestones
- On September 17, 2018, Zenabis submitted its application package to license the Langley greenhouse, which is currently under active review.
- On October 4, 2018 Bevo and Sun Pharm announced the Bevo-Sun Pharm Transaction and the intent of Bevo to change its name to Zenabis Global Inc. upon completion.
- In October 2018, Zenabis became a founding partner of the Centre for Medicinal Cannabis (“CMC”), a UK based non-profit organisation advocating, educating and lobbying for the implementation of a fair, responsible, and evidence-based medicinal cannabis regime within the National Health System in the United Kingdom.
- On December 22, 2018, Zenabis submitted its cultivation license application for its Stellarton facility, which is currently under active review.
- Since October 2018, five additional flower rooms and 19 total rooms have been approved by Health Canada for cannabis activities and are in operation.
- On January 9, 2019, Bevo Agro Inc. and Sun Pharm completed the reverse takeover contemplated on October, 4, 2018, to become Zenabis Global Inc.
- As of January 17, 2019, Zenabis has secured purchase orders from government and third-party retailers/distributors in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, and the Yukon Territory.