YSS Corp., a premier Canadian cannabis retailer operating under the YSS and Sweet Tree brands, is excited to open trading on TMX Group’s markets from the YSS Woodbine store in Calgary on Tuesday, November 12, 2019. The event will mark the first time TMX has opened from a retail location of any kind in western Canada.
“Western provinces have provided robust frameworks within cannabis legalization that support business growth, job creation and tax income, while ensuring safe access to legal cannabis,” said Theo Zunich, President and CEO of YSS Corp. “As a Calgary-based cannabis retailer, we are very proud to be the first company in western Canada to open TMX’s markets from a retail store.”
- YSS currently has 13 operating stores, eight of which operate under the YSS brand (Calgary – Woodbine, Edmonton – NW Landing, Red Deer, Vermilion, Stony Plain, Vegreville, Spruce Grove and Lloydminster) and five of which operate under the Sweet Tree brand (Calgary – Riverbend, Calgary – Forest Lawn, Calgary – Sunridge, High River and Swift Current, Saskatchewan).
- The Company is pleased to announce that its 14th store, Sweet Tree Okotoks, has passed the final Alberta Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Commission (“AGLC”) inspection and will open immediately upon receiving its first cannabis delivery, which is anticipated in the next three weeks.
- The Company’s two Calgary flagship stores, YSS 4th Avenue and Sweet Tree 17th Avenue, are nearing completion and are targeted for AGLC final inspection by the end of the month, with the objective to open before Christmas.
- Construction is underway on a further two YSS locations in Grand Prairie.
- In addition, the Company is in late-stage planning on three locations, one in each of Calgary, Edmonton and Drumheller.
- YSS plans to issue Q3 2019 financial and operating results after market on November 26, 2019.
“With our first full year of legalization behind us, it is an exciting time for YSS. We have new store openings on the horizon, continually improving cannabis product quality coupled with decreasing wholesale prices, and new cannabis formats hitting the market in early 2020, including oil vaporizers, beverages, edibles, concentrates and topicals,” said Zunich. “We offer our customers a curated menu of cannabis products in a welcoming retail experience and our investors a unique investment opportunity. We have built a robust business model and are poised to continue expanding at a measured pace, while striving to increase revenues and expand profit margins.”
The Company is committed to becoming the trusted destination for cannabis in Canada by creating and delivering a premier in-store retail experience through understanding customer demands and data, implementing standardized procedures, investing in brand and retail design, offering interactive in-store technology, and developing an experienced and welcoming team. YSS views the continued investment in customer experience as instrumental to establishing customer loyalty, brand recognition and ultimately, future business.