RAMM Pharma Corp., including its wholly owned subsidiaries, a leader in plant-derived cannabinoid pharmaceutical products, has entered into a definitive agreement dated February 24, 2020 to acquire Glediser S.A. operating as NettaLife™ (“NettaLife”) a leading developer of cannabis-based products for pets (the “Transaction”).
- NettaLife manufactures and distributes NettaPet™ pet foods which features full-spectrum hemp CBD nutrition available without a prescription.
- The NettaPet™ Dog formulation is the first of its kind to be registered by the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries in Uruguay and the only registered CBD pet food product in Latin America.
- Commercial distribution agreements are in place for Uruguay and negotiations are in progress with Argentina and Brazil, initial sales expected in Q2 2020.
- MERCOSUR trade agreement allows for distribution into other major South American markets including Paraguay, Chile, Peru and Colombia.
- Adds leading veterinary industry expertise and pet-focused business experience to the RAMM team as well as an established sales staff with deep relationships in the veterinary industry.
- NettaLife’s platform and distribution channels to be strategically leveraged for the roll out of RAMM’s veterinary CBD products currently in the registration process.
“The strategic acquisition of NettaLife will strengthen RAMM’s expertise in the veterinary space and accelerate the registration and distribution of our veterinary products,” said Jack Burnett, Chief Executive Officer. “The addressable market for pet care in Latin America is extremely large and we plan to be a leader in bringing the benefits of pharmaceutical-grade cannabis products to this market.”
“This represents a unique opportunity to be in the best position to develop the products and ideas that we have been working on with the NettaLife team,” said Arturo Avalo, Founder & Chief Executive Officer of NettaLife. “The know-how and expertise gained during the past years in cannabinoid research working with cannabis-based medicine in humans gives us a fast track to improve animal welfare.”
NettaLife is a leading developer of cannabis-based products for pets and large animals. NettaLife’s products are currently manufactured under two main brands – NettaPet™ which is focused on nutrition, and NettaVet™ which is focused on the development of specialized veterinary and medicinal products. In November 2019, NettaPet™ became the first cannabis-based pet food to be approved and registered by the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries (MGAP). NettaLife is led by a team of pioneers in the development of the pet and animal care industry in Uruguay and Latin America with significant veterinary industry expertise and pet-focused business acumen.