CBx Data Labs announced the addition of John Ruffolo to its Advisory Board. CBx Data Labs is a medical cannabis leader with its cloud-based HIPAA compliant data collection platform that collects condition and symptom specific patient feedback and makes the data available to practitioners and medication formulators.
“We are incredibly excited to have John join our advisory board”, said Chad Walsh, CEO of CBx Data Labs. “With the addition of John, one of Canada’s top tech minds, to an incredibly knowledgeable and successful group of individuals that recognize the strategic offering that CBx Data Labs provides specifically to the medical cannabis market.”
John is the founder of OMERS Ventures as well as the co-founder and Vice-Chair of the Council of Canadian Innovators. In addition, John serves on several boards including Hootsuite, Ether Capital, Ontario Centres of Excellence, David Suzuki Foundation, Royal Ontario Museum, and the NHL Coaches Association. John also served as the CEO of OMERS Ventures and the Executive Managing Director of OMERS Platform Investments. Prior to joining OMERS, he was a Partner at Deloitte where he was the Global Thought Leader, the Global Tax Leader and the Canadian Industry Leader for Deloitte’s Technology, Media and Telecommunications practice and a member of Deloitte’s Board of Directors.
In addition to John, CBx Data Labs have announced a full advisory board that includes:
- Don Husereau – Professor of Medicine, University of Ottawa and Senior Economic Advisor to the Canadian Pharmacists Association
- Deb Stark – Former Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Chief Veterinarian for Ontario
- Jim Hinton – IP lawyer at Own Innovation and IP Advisor to the Council of Canadian Innovators
- Alexis Levine – Partner, Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP and Co-lead with Blakes Cannabis Group
- Reva Seth – Founder, Author and Strategic Advisor